EarthCruiser: A boondocker’s dream RV
Just as car owner have their dream cars, and fulltime RVers have their dream mobile palaces, so do boondockers have their dream off-road “machine-that-you-can-live-in”,whether you want to call it a camper, caravan, or motorhome.
Such is the EarthCruiser, dreamed up by Aussies who like to go where they want, regardless of the condition of the path you drive on. As they put it, “Whether it’s from The Bungle Bungles to the tip of Cape York in Australia, the vistas of the majestic Rockies, or from the desolate sands of the Sahara to Russia’s famous Road of Bones, there is now a vehicle available that can take you to all these places, and more in secure, self contained luxury.”
I discovered this dream vehicle that fits my tastes to add to my others(I have a couple others that I have written about previously) but this one is smaller, more compact, can probably fit into tighter places in narrower canyons, and it sure looks rugged enough to handle the terain. It is called, appropriately, the EarthCruiser.
The EarthCruiser is, of course, a 4-wheel drive vehicle that not only gets you there, but surrounds and pampers you (by Australian standards) when you get there. “With its specially designed soft ride/hard road suspension kit and super-single tires,” their website states, “the EarthCruiser is capable of negotiating long distance desert crossings and endless corrugated and rough roads in comfort. At the end of the traveling day EarthCruiser can provide a hot shower, a cold drink from the fridge, and a comfortable bed for the night.” And that, my friends, is Australian high luxury.
- Free and secure accommodation.
- Good high driving position for sightseeing and safe touring.
- Capable of handling a variety of terrain in comfort.
- Great fuel economy and good distance achievable between fuel stops.
- Self-sufficient in every respect–no gas or power connections needed.
- Comfortable on road and at the end of the day.
Watch the video to see the EarthCruiser in action.
They have offices in Queensland Australia, but have also opened an office in Bend, Oregon where it is available in left hand drive. You can learn more on the EarthCruiser website.
For more RVing articles and tips take a look at my Healthy RV Lifestyle website, where you will also find my ebooks: BOONDOCKING: Finding the Perfect Campsite on America’s Public Lands (PDF or Kindle), 111 Ways to Get the Biggest Bang for your RV Lifestyle Buck (PDF or Kindle), and Snowbird Guide to Boondocking in the Southwestern Deserts (PDF or Kindle), and my newest, The RV Lifestyle: Reflections of Life on the Road (PDF or Kindle reader version). NOTE: Use the Kindle version to read on iPad and iPhone or any device that has the free Kindle reader app.
Last 5 posts by Bob Difley
- Add these side trips to your snowbird migration – Part 2
- Add these side trips to your snowbird migration - Part 1
- RVers and bears: Tips on staying safe - for both RVers and bears
- If HR5204 passes the House our public lands may no longer be free
- Off the beaten track: Southern Oregon's South Slough Reserve