RVSEF to conduct RV Lifestyle, Education & Safety Conference in Bowling Green
By Bob Difley
Years ago I was fortunate to be able to teach classes at the Life On Wheels RV Conferences. But unfortunately, the program no longer exists due to the death of its founder and head cheerleader, Gaylord Maxwell.
It was an excellent learning program with offerings for wannabee RVers to old hands brushing up. One of the other instructors was Walter Cannon, who offered classes–like his driving and safety classes–through his Recreation Vehicle Safety & Education Foundation (RVSEF).
He has since brought his program to other venues across the country and in partnering with North Hampton Community College in Bowling Green, Kentucky, will again offer his “Behind the Wheel” driving classes (which will be held at Western Kentucky University in Bowling Green) as part of RVSEF’s RV Lifestyle, Education & Safety Conference in 2012 on May 18 – 20. To register call RVSEF @ 321-453-7673 or email them.
Check out my website for RVing tips and destinations and for my ebooks, BOONDOCKING: Finding the Perfect Campsite on America’s Public Lands (or for Kindle version), Snowbird Guide to Boondocking in the Southwestern Deserts (Kindle version), and 111 Ways to Get the Biggest Bang out of your RV Lifestyle Dollar (Kindle version).
Most Commented Posts
Last 5 posts by Bob Difley
- Add these side trips to your snowbird migration - Part 1
- RVers and bears: Tips on staying safe - for both RVers and bears
- If HR5204 passes the House our public lands may no longer be free
- Off the beaten track: Southern Oregon's South Slough Reserve
- There are many other volunteer positions available to RVers in addition to camp hosting.