RVSEF to conduct RV Lifestyle, Education & Safety Conference in Bowling Green

January 6, 2012 by Bob Difley · 21 Comments

driving_class

By Bob Difley

Years ago I was fortunate to be able to teach classes at the Life On Wheels RV Conferences. But unfortunately, the program no longer exists due to the death of its founder and head cheerleader, Gaylord Maxwell.

It was an excellent learning program with offerings for wannabee RVers to old hands brushing up. One of the other instructors was Walter Cannon, who offered classes–like his driving and safety classes–through his Recreation Vehicle Safety & Education Foundation (RVSEF).

He has since brought his program to other venues across the country and in partnering with North Hampton Community College in Bowling Green, Kentucky, will again offer his “Behind the Wheel” driving classes (which will be held at Western Kentucky University in Bowling Green) as part of RVSEF’s RV Lifestyle, Education & Safety Conference in 2012 on May 18 – 20. To register call RVSEF @ 321-453-7673 or email them.

Check out my website for RVing tips and destinations and for my ebooks, BOONDOCKING: Finding the Perfect Campsite on America’s Public Lands (or for Kindle version), Snowbird Guide to Boondocking in the Southwestern Deserts (Kindle version), and 111 Ways to Get the Biggest Bang out of your RV Lifestyle Dollar (Kindle version).

Last 5 posts by Bob Difley

Comments

21 Responses to “RVSEF to conduct RV Lifestyle, Education & Safety Conference in Bowling Green”

1. butterbean carpenter on January 7th, 2012 6:00 pm

Howdy Bob,

Is this any different than RV Driving School that Dick Reed&Dennis Hill ran???

Thanx,

2. Vickie on January 7th, 2012 6:20 pm

I wish I could find classes here in Texas. I was ready to sign up for the school that Dennis Hill used to run. We were going to be in Ocala, FL and I’d carved a day out to go learn. Unfortunately, the person running it was recovering from heart surgery. I’m ready to go out and hunt down a semi-truck driver! Any suggestions?

3. TimberTom on January 7th, 2012 6:34 pm

Sure sounds like a worthwhile program. Maybe I will carve out some time from my hectic lifestyle to attend.

4. barbara kirkhart on January 7th, 2012 7:09 pm

Another great learning resource for both experienced and wannabe RVers is the RV Owners Lifestyle Seminar, run by Al Cohoe at Okanagan College in Kelowna, BC the last weekend of June each year. Al just retired as the head of the RV Tech Certification program at the college, and the Seminar is similar to the Life on Wheels seminars – 4 90-minutes sessions per day on all manner of both technical and lifestyle topics. I highly recommend this weekend for all RVers!

5. Julie Rea on January 7th, 2012 10:14 pm

I, too wish for classes in Oregon/WA area. Anyone know of any such classes here?

6. norm La Joie on January 8th, 2012 1:53 pm

I can understand why people who have never driven anything bigger than a car
    would like some help to learn the does and don’t of handling a RV.
    It seems some enterprising individual would make a video on the subject for
    sale for a reasonable price.

7. Vickie on January 8th, 2012 2:55 pm

@Norm…Mark Polk has a very good DVD out about driving an RV. However, for me it isn’t the same as actually having someone beside me telling me to widen the turn or whatever needs to be done. The video is excellent but I’m the type that want “hands on” lessons in addition to the DVD. I’m amazed that there aren’t more RV driving instructors around.

8. Dalton Tamney on January 8th, 2012 8:06 pm

I would like to add my comments to barbara concerning the RV Owners Lifestyle Seminar in Kelowna BC. We have attended it for 2 years and it is well worthwhile. Lots of very valuable information even for those who have been RVing for many years. We have been RVing for 20 years and both times we came away with new information. For those of you in Oregon and Washington this is close enough to attend. To get more information I would Google “RV Owners Lifestyle Seminar” and pick the link for Okanagan College.

9. RV Doc on January 9th, 2012 8:07 pm

The RVSEF Behind the Wheel training is indeed second to none. As part of my training as an instructor, I participated in the RVSEF driver’s training courses the last two years in Bowling Green. Quite comprehensive, yet the instructors put the trainee totally at ease as they maneuver all types of driving scenarios including Interstate highway, state roads, residential streets, commercial shopping and school areas, etc. Want to learn how to parallel park a 45-foot motorhome? Yeah, it covers even that!

And not to beat Bob up too badly, the RVSEF Conference is held on the campus of Western Kentucky University in Bowling Green, not Northampton (sorry Bob!).

And be advised, there are plans to expand the RVSEF Conferences to the left coast in the future!

10. Bob Difley on January 10th, 2012 5:58 pm

Thanks Gary. I corrected the post. According to Walter, RVSEF is partnered with North Hampton Community College but the conference is conducted at Western Kentucky U.

11. D. Ritter on January 23rd, 2012 10:06 am

Do the classes in Bowling Green cover travel trailers, too? We just bought a 24 ft. Kodiak and need all the advice we can get.

Thanks!

12. Bob Difley on January 23rd, 2012 12:01 pm

Go to RVSEF’s Class Schedule at ww.rvsafety.com/LESSchedule.html to see the list of classes for the 2012 conference.

13. Millennium on January 26th, 2012 2:09 pm

Check our Millennium Luxury Coaches and be wowed by all the advanced technologhy in the coaches.

14. snabblån betalningsanmärkningar on July 15th, 2012 2:17 am

Thanks for a very interesting website. Where else could I get that kind of information written in such an ideal method? I’ve a venture that I am just now working on, and I have been at the look out for such info.

15. zquiet complaints on July 24th, 2012 4:13 am

I posted this article to my personal favorites and intend to go back to for more superb posts. It’s easy to read and comprehend and also smart post. I definitely enjoyed my first read all through this post.

16. låna snabbt on July 26th, 2012 10:24 am

I truly appreciate this post. I have been looking everywhere for this! Thank goodness I found it on Google. You have made my day! Thx again…

17. natural colon cleanse on July 28th, 2012 12:40 am

Very good article, thank you for sharing. your sharing information is very useful for me, thank you!

18. colon cleanse on July 28th, 2012 12:52 am

My considerable internet look up has now been honored with awesome information to exchange with my guests.

19. NoNo Hair Removal on July 30th, 2012 4:04 am

I wanna admit that this is very useful, Thanks for taking your time to publish this.

20. sneakers on May 6th, 2013 11:24 pm

Awesome…

I’m impressed, I have to admit. Seldom do I encounter a blog that’s both equally educative and interesting, and let me tell you, you’ve hit the nail on the head. The problem is something which not enough folks are speaking intelligently about. Now…

21. semeador de batatas on July 11th, 2013 11:54 am

Read was interesting, stay in touch……

[...]please visit the sites we follow, including this one, as it represents our picks from the web[...]……