Vote for Your Favorite Park
The second annual America Is Your Park campaign was recently launched by National Park Foundation, in partnership with Coca-Cola, America’s State Parks, and the National Recreation and Park Association.
America Is Your Park campaign urges families to get out and discover fun ways to get active in the park while helping their favorite park win big.
Families can vote for their favorite park to win the title of “America’s Favorite Park” and a $100,000 recreation grant made possible by the Coca-Cola Live Positively initiative.
“Our national parks are home to our country’s treasures—from our iconic landscapes to the hallowed places where history happened,” said Neil Mulholland, President and CEO, National Park Foundation. “Thanks to dedicated partners like Coca-Cola and the America Is Your Park campaign, our nation’s parks can continue to receive the vital support they need.”
Last year, thanks to more than 1.6 million votes cast by its supporters, Bear Head Lake State Park in Ely, Minnesota, was named “America’s Favorite Park.”
The following two articles may be of interest:
Bear Head Lake is using the recreation grant to build a new warming hut to ensure safety and comfort for winter sports enthusiasts all season long.
“Last year, millions of Americans showed their passion for their favorite parks by voting, so this year we’ve raised the stakes—more parks can win and there are more ways to vote,” said L. Celeste Bottorff, Vice President, Living Well, Coca-Cola North America. “We’re asking people to be ‘digital’ by voting online for their favorite park and then get ‘physical’ by getting out and having fun with us this summer.”
This summer, people can go to LivePositvely.com to help their favorite national, state, or local park win big with just the click of a button. The three parks that receive the most votes by September 6, 2011, will be awarded recreation grants.
These grants will help restore, rebuild, or enhance recreation areas in parks where people can play and be active.
Only YOUR votes can decide. You may vote as many times as you like between NOW and September 6.
You can vote in the following three ways:
- Interactive map. Use the map to search for the park you’d like to vote for, then click on the vote button. Each map vote gives your park 1 point.
- Facebook Places check-in. Vote while you’re in your park and your park will receive 5 points.
- Upload Photos. Share your family’s park activities and receive an additional 5 points for your park. Upload them through your Facebook account or directly from your computer.
Using this point system, the three park winners will receive grants in the following amounts:
- First Place – $100,000
- Second Place – $50,000
- Third Place – $25,000
Currently, the top 5 parks are:
- Soudan Underground Mine State Park, Minnesota (206,011 votes)
- Little Ocmulgee State Park, Georgia (53,625 votes)
- Great Smoky Mountains National Park, North Carolina/Tennessee (33,221 votes)
- Sequoia National Park, California (28,411 votes)
- Florence Marina State Park, Georgia (19,391 votes)
Globally, the world’s largest provider of sparkling beverages, juices, and juice drinks, and ready-to-drink teas and coffees
The official charity of America’s National Parks
With over 6,000 units and more than 725 million visits, America’s State Parks works to enhance the American quality of life
The leading advocacy organization dedicated to the advancement of public parks and recreation opportunities
Learn more about Coca-Cola’s efforts in America’s National Parks, vote for your favorite park, and download helpful tools to motivate your community to vote.
In every walk with nature, one receives more than he seeks.
You May Also Like
- If You Build It, They Will Come: Camping in NYC
- National Park Summer Escapes
- Most Distasteful RVing Task?
- Winnebago Announces 2011 Top Dealer Awards
- Miracles of Nature: Arches National Park, UT
- How to Locate a Dump Station?
If you enjoy these articles and want to read more on RV travels and lifestyle, visit my website: Vogel Talks RVing.