A GPS Designed For RVers
After extensive research and beta testing in the RVing community, Rand McNally has released the TripMaker® RVND™ 5510 sporting a name that’s almost as long as my motorhome. It’s the first navigation device designed specifically for RVers.
It comes stocked with information that would make a car driver’s head spin. Routing isn’t just routing on the 5510. The GPS also includes height and weight restrictions and turning preferences that are tuned to the type of RV you’re driving. For example, you might not enjoy maneuvering your 43-foot-long motor home around a tight right corner into the Cracker Barrel parking lot. The 5510 will show you a left turn into your destination.
There’s also the question of where to park your house-on-wheels. The points of interest on this GPS are expanded to include RV campgrounds, dealers, repair providers, and travel centers with dump stations.
“We’ve listened carefully to members of the RVing community, who told us overwhelmingly that they would be interested in purchasing a GPS if it provided RV-specific routing, stops, and amenities that RVers need while on the road, and things to see and do along the way. Our new TripMaker® RVND™ line will solidly deliver on these expectations,” said Dave Muscatel, CEO of Rand McNally in a new release.
Fully operational in English, French, and Spanish, the TripMaker® RVND™ features more than 14 million points of interest—including festivals, and national, state, and regional parks, and other Rand McNally researched locations. Other key information includes:
- RV campgrounds, RV dealers and service, parking, and rest areas, travel centers with detailed amenities such as dump stations, propane availability, and more
- Detailed exit information and available amenities on upcoming interstate exits
- RVer tools such as checklists for set up and take down, maintenance logs, trails back to your campsite, and quick mileage calculations
- Pet friendly locations including parks, animal hospitals, and beaches
- Extra content downloadable with a PC and internet connection via the RVND™ Dock
- Real-time traffic ready; requires additional accessory
Starting with a base of award-winning navigation from Rand McNally, the TripMaker® RVND™ 5510 layers on all the information needed to have an enjoyable and safe trip in an RV.
The routing includes:
- Legal (including propane and other RV-only)
- Height and weight restrictions
- Quick reference to the Rand McNally Road Atlas
- Turn-by-turn spoken and text directions keep the driver focused on the road ahead
- Safe routing of larger vehicles with eleven RV classes
The RV-specific tools include:
- 13,000+ RV parks and campgrounds with amenities such as dump stations, electric hook ups, water, and sewer
- More than 6,000 travel center locations with information on parking, dump stations, and showers
- 24,000 pet-friendly locations including animal hospitals, hikes, parks and beaches
- More than 150,000 places near interstates, organized by exit number— including propane availability, dump sites, RV parking, restaurants, emergency services, and more
- RV logs and checklists
Road Trip Suggestions
In addition to routing and tools critical to RVers, the TripMaker® RVND™ features Rand McNally Editor’s Pick Content—proprietary data provided by their editorial staff with video and photos The content includes:
- Best of the Road® which includes three-to-four day adventures including unique stops, photos of the locations, maps, and more to plan a memorable adventure
- Regional trips, scenic tours, weekend getaways, and city trips
- 12,000 researched locations that will make any trip exciting and unique
Rand McNally TripMaker® RVND™ 5510
Cost: $ 349.99
Additional Information: www.randmcnally.com/rvgps
In stores by June (just in time for road trip season); to pre-order, click here
Best of the Road: The Rand McNally Best of the Road® program is being featured this month in a promotion with USA TODAY
As you go through life, when you come to a fork in the road, take it.
You May Also Like
- Go Wild, Go Birding
- Lazydays Expands to Arizona
- Family of missing Alberta RVers searching for closure
- It’s Easier than Ever to Run on Dunkin’
- Shiner Bock: A Texas Tradition
- Tornadoes: Emergency Preparation
If you enjoy these articles and want to read more on RV travels and lifestyle, visit my website: Vogel Talks RVing.