Electrical Vehicle Update – Space pod look-alike with exchangeable wheel/battery
By Bob Difley A couple of automotive engineers, Kyu-Hyun and Sol Lee, have created a new concept for the battery of an electric vehicle (EV). Two of the drawbacks of EVs is the number of charging stations on America’s roads, and the length of time it takes to recharge an EV battery. These guys’ solution was to turn the single rear wheel into an exchangeable battery. To change, you simply unhitch the battery from the car, pull it away with the built in handle, and install the spare battery/wheel. Then set the depleted battery to recharge while you use the spare. An LED light monitors the level of charge while charging. A clever concept for a small two-seater city car, which as you can see is small enough to pull behind a motorhome on a small trailer or in your motorhome garage if you have a super-sized motorhome. Don’t know if this kind of dinghy would be practical or if the idea would ever catch on enabling the engineer duo to move from concept to production, but with the EV market changing so rapidly, it is hard to tell whose bright idea will be the next hot deal.
Last 5 posts by Bob Difley
- Everyone should take an RV trip at least once in their lifetime
- Add these side trips to your snowbird migration – Part 2
- Add these side trips to your snowbird migration - Part 1
- RVers and bears: Tips on staying safe - for both RVers and bears
- If HR5204 passes the House our public lands may no longer be free