New Travel Diary Software

Nomads 125x125 pixelsOK – you are almost ready to hit the road. You have been planning your trip of a lifetime for months (or even years) now. For some you have a planned route with day by day stops pinpointed and booked, for others you just have a general direction of travel planned. You have purchased or built the motorhome, caravan or trailer of your dreams. You have retired, taken long service leave or just given up the job to fulfill your dreams.

When you get home again you will have some great memories and lot of photos. But what about the rest of the memories – where was that great campsite I found, how much did I really pay for fuel, what is the phone number or email address of those great friends we met along the way, or how much did the trip cost me. There is a great new tool for recording all the details of your trip.

Nomads Notes allows the traveler to record all aspects of a trip. Features include a day-by-day journal for chronicling daily activities; track multiple vehicle mileage, fuel consumption and fuel cost, nightly campsite details, locations and costs etc, as well as a photo album to record pictures taken, and a contacts list to record details of the friends you meet along the way. Other features include all expenses that you can categorize yourself, vehicle maintenance and radio and TV stations.

Here is a sample screen shot of Campsites (center). A trip log is on the left and a current trip mileage, fuel and expenses dashboard on the right.

nomad notes screenshot

There’s no need to worry about complicated formulas to work out your fuel economy or your expenses. Nomads Notes does it all for you.

Even if you want to use some parts of the program and record only your fuel economy, expenses and campsite information, you do not have to use the rest. It is up to you which aspects of the program you use.

The software runs on any windows platform. You can download it direct to your computer – no waiting for the postman to arrive. After sales support is offered by email, and a 100% money back guarantee applies. (See website for details.) You can pay by credit card or PayPal.

Nomads Notes is practical, complete travel diary that provides organization without effort, makes the trip easier and provides the information in a concise format to share with family and friends that will be used as a reference for years to come.

For more information and screen shots see the Nomads Notes website www.nomadsnotes.com or contact Gail at gail@motorhominglifestyle.com

Last 5 posts by Guest Contributor Motorhoming Lifestyle

Comments

15 Responses to “New Travel Diary Software”

1. Martin on September 1st, 2010 4:26 pm

Get Rid of that Stupid popup. No matter what one does you can’t get rid of it. It forces you to signup even if you have already.
    Your web person must be smart enough to fix this. There are 30 million people out of a job or working part time in this country. Hire someone else.

2. Rayzen on September 1st, 2010 4:51 pm

OMG, yes. Martin is right. I quit coming to this website for a while, only because of that @$#% pop-up. It is the most annoying thing I’ve ever seen. It pops up even after you have registered and logged in. What’s the point of it?

3. Ron on September 1st, 2010 4:57 pm

I agree on your pop up ad..could it not be program not to “pop up”
    if you are already a member???Other than that its a great web site !!!

4. Randy on September 1st, 2010 5:16 pm

Ditto on the popup, I signed up long ago and it still comes up.
    Love the website and its info mind you.

5. Michael on September 1st, 2010 5:31 pm

What popup? There are no popups! You guys are seeing things. Either that, or you are not using Firefox with popup blocker.

The best way to deal with this, is deal with it yourself, not require someone else to do your work for you.

6. Ray Chumley on September 1st, 2010 7:34 pm

Ditto the pop-up. In order to read the blog I have to click on print to get around your pitch to sign up which I like most others did way back when.

7. Marine4ever on September 1st, 2010 7:59 pm

I agree with Michael…what popup? There are no popups! I have my popup blocker ON. Easy… no brainer. But, then, giving some people a computer is like giving a four year old a loaded .45 to play with.

8. Michael Sciblo on September 1st, 2010 11:34 pm

Will there be a version for the Macintosh ?

9. Gail on September 2nd, 2010 6:26 am

No pop here’s Norton Anti-virus is a gem of a tool. But I must say being new to this that I love it and enjoy all the pics etc. I must travel more to add some of my own thanks all to your good work

10. Don on September 2nd, 2010 8:41 am

Didn’t have a problem with any pop ups, but I do have a problem with a $40.00 price tag for this product. You’ve got to be kidding. How hard is it to workout a quick Excel spreadsheet that will do pretty much the same thing. Seems to me that someone is trying to take the hard earned money from those of us who like to travel and keep notes. Why not drop it down to $20 and reach a lot more people? Come on, capitalism is fantastic, but if you want to reach the lions share of the market drop the price.

11. Barry S on September 2nd, 2010 1:11 pm

No pop-ups seen on my iMac with Firefox and Norton anti-virus. Sadly, the program does not accomodate Macs.

12. Guido Bee on September 3rd, 2010 10:03 pm

I used to get the pop up, but went from IE to Google Chrome, and don’t get it any more. I did not associate the move from one browser to another, but that may have been the trick. I have not seen the pop up for a while. It’s OK, I don’t need to see it anymore. I don’t really miss it. IT was a bother.

13. Ralphie Boyo on October 13th, 2010 8:35 pm

Too bad it won’t work on my MacBook Pro. Another market share ignored.

14. mrsmik on February 22nd, 2011 9:15 pm

When I was a child, we traveled two weeks every summer and one week every winter. I had been to 48 states by the time I was 16, and never in an airplane! All those years, my mom took notes for all our trips. She had a simple notebook that she wrote in dates/times/temperatures/interesting information, etc.

She also scrapbooked our trips long before scrapbooking was the business it is today. She didn’t have fancy stickers or computers to make headlines, etc, like we do now, but she used those notes she took to write information next to pictures and postcards, and you know what, it worked!

What made it even better was that it was FREE! $40 for a program such as the one proffered is a bit expensive, especially in these difficult economic times.

Julie Mik

15. Free College Books on September 4th, 2011 10:43 pm

Visitor recommendations…

[...]one of our visitors recently recommended the following website[...]……